- Partnership enables Europe’s leading Edge platform to utilise Megaport’s SoftwareDefined Network
- AtlasEdge customers to benefit from direct connectivity to leading public cloud providers
- London and Manchester will be first AtlasEdge sites to be Megaport-enabled
London, United Kingdom & Fortitude Valley, Australia – Thursday, 12th January 2023
AtlasEdge, a leading pan-European Edge data centre provider, and Megaport, a leading global
Network as a Service (NaaS) provider, have announced a strategic partnership which will see
AtlasEdge utilise Megaport’s on-demand Software-Defined Network (SDN) across its
The partnership will commence with two of AtlasEdge’s key UK locations becoming Megaportenabled. The sites, which are in London and Manchester, will offer AtlasEdge customers:
- Choice: Dedicated private access to an industry-leading 243 cloud on-ramps and more than 700 on-net locations
- Security and Performance: Reliable, direct, private connections that bypass the public internet
- Marketplace: A global ecosystem of more than 350 service providers, including, AWS, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Nutanix, Oracle Cloud, Salesforce, Rackspace and SAP, as well as leading IP Transit, VIOP allowing customers to easily consume services from within the ecosystem.
- Ease-of-Use: Delivered from the self-service easy-to-use Portal, Megaport services can be enabled and adjusted as required in real time.
- Optionality: Enable hybrid cloud, multicloud, and cloud-to-cloud architectures via point-andclick provisioning with the intelligent Megaport Cloud Router
- Performance: Localise applications and terminate traffic closer to the edge where performance matters
- Scalability: Elastic connectivity supports business needs and aligns to cloud consumption models
The Megaport SDN is then intended to be rolled out to more AtlasEdge locations across Europe,
providing customers with the ability to take a hybrid approach to data storage and computer
functionality. The collaboration is one of many growing partnerships entered into by AtlasEdge and
will play a key role in supporting the company’s ongoing mission to deliver seamless, localised and
ultra-low latency digital infrastructure across the continent.
“This strategic partnership provides our customers with enhanced choice, security, performance and
optionality”, commented Giuliano Di Vitantonio, CEO, AtlasEdge. “We look forward to working closely
with the Megaport team as we continue to build Europe’s leading, next generation edge platform.”
“We are pleased to be partnering with AtlasEdge as part of our growing ecosystem of data centre
partners. Providing Megaport’s leading NaaS platform on AtlasEdge’s sites simplifies cloud
connectivity for customers, enabling them to quickly choose and connect to the services they need,”
said Vincent English, Chief Executive Officer at Megaport.
AtlasEdge is a leading European Edge data centre platform with over 100 locations across 13
countries. Our distributed data centre portfolio allows our customers to plan and shape their
technology and network infrastructure to meet the growing requirements for lower latency, higher
performance and localised solutions. Formed through a joint investment by Liberty Global, one of the
world’s leading converged video, broadband and communications companies and DigitalBridge, a
leading global investment firm dedicated to digital infrastructure, AtlasEdge’s portfolio includes data
centres in key markets across Europe, including Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Brussels,
Copenhagen, Hamburg, London, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich.
For more information, please visit www.atlasedge.com
Megaport is a leading provider of Network as a Service (NaaS) solutions. The company’s global
Software Defined Network (SDN) helps businesses rapidly connect their network to services via an
easy-to-use portal or our open API. Megaport offers agile networking capabilities that reduce operating
costs and increase speed to market compared to traditional networking solutions. Megaport partners
with the world’s top cloud service providers, including AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud, as
well as the largest data centre operators, systems integrators and managed service providers in the
world. Megaport is an ISO/IEC 27001-certified company.
For more information, please visit www.megaport.com
Duncan White | [email protected] | +44 7970 974832