AtlasEdge has today announced it is a signatory of the Climate Neutral Data Center Pact, joining leading trade associations representing data centre operators and companies that own or operate data centres within the European Union.
London, United Kingdom – December 15, 2022
AtlasEdge’s commitment, in its first year of operation, is testament to the company’s support of the Climate Neutral Data Center Pact’s six key pledge areas:
- Energy Efficiency – AtlasEdge will ensure that new facilities have a Power Use Effectiveness (PUE) of 1.3 and that all existing data centres will achieve these same targets by 1st January 2030.
- Clean Energy – AtlasEdge will ensure that data centre electricity will be matched by 75% renewable energy or hourly carbon-free energy by 31st December 2025 and 100% by 31st December 2030.
- Water – AtlasEdge will work with other data centre operators next year to establish an annual target for water usage effectiveness (WUE).
- Circular Economy – AtlasEdge will assess for reuse, repair, or recycling 100% of their used server equipment.
- Circular Energy System – AtlasEdge will explore possibilities to interconnect with district heating systems and other users of heat to determine if opportunities to feed captured heat from new data centres into nearby systems are practical, environmentally sound and cost effective.
- Governance – AtlasEdge will certify adherence no later than 1st July 2023. The initial period of measurement will cover 1st January 2022 through 31st December 2022.
AtlasEdge is a European edge data centre business with a mission to create Europe’s leading edge platform, delivering seamless, localised and ultra-low latency digital infrastructure to customers. Formed through a joint investment by Liberty Global, one of the world’s leading converged video, broadband and communications companies and DigitalBridge, a leading global investment firm dedicated to digital infrastructure, AtlasEdge already has an expanding portfolio of more than 100 sites across the continent, providing proximity to the core network that is critical for the technology of tomorrow.
Duncan White | [email protected] | +44 7970 974832